Intrusive Site Investigation
When Phase 1 conclusions indicate a need for further investigation a Phase 2 site investigation may be recommended. EnviroDiligence Ltd develops a working plan to help examine the likely conditions of the ground and to quantify the environmental risks.
EnviroDiligence works with the relevant statutory authorities and within the relevant statutory guidance.
An overview of activities
- Design a suitable site investigation program
- Supervision of field work, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations
- Collection of a suitable number of soil and ground / surface water samples
- Commissioning suitable analytical laboratory
- Quantitative risk assessment
- Preparation of Phase 2 reports
Commonly used physical techiques include:
- Trial pits
- Surface soil sampling
- Groundwater sampling
- Surface water sampling
- Geotechnical surveys